(usually reduced to ’d rather通常缩写为 'd rather)would prefer to宁愿;更喜欢
She'd rather die than give a speech.她宁愿死也不愿意演讲。
‘Do you want to come with us?’ ‘No, I'd rather not.’“你想跟我们一起来吗?” “不,我不想去。”
Would you rather walk or take the bus?你比较喜欢步行还是坐公共汽车?
‘Do you mind if I smoke?’ ‘Well, I'd rather you didn't.’“你介意我抽烟吗?” “嗯,最好别抽。”
Personally, I'd rather see the money and resources going into education.就我个人而言,我更愿意看到资金和资源投入教育。
I'd rather have a simple product that actually works than something fancy that's just not reliable.我宁愿有一个简单的产品,而不是一些不可靠的花哨的东西。
Express Yourself Expressing a preferenceExpressing a preference表达喜好These are ways of stating what your preferred choice is. Note that we sometimes discount our own expertise or authority before expressing our preference:面对选择时,表达自己更喜欢某事物,可用以下方式。需要注意的是在表达喜好之前,有时会先表明自己的选择并非代表专家或权威的意见:
I like the red one better than/more than the green one.比起那个绿色的,我更喜欢红的。
I prefer beef to lamb.我喜欢牛肉胜于羊肉。
I'd prefer to wait here.我宁愿在这儿等。
I'd rather go to the concert than the play.与看戏相比,我更愿意去听音乐会。
I think I'd rather stay in than go out tonight.今晚我想待在家里,不想外出。
I like swimming better than jogging.比起慢跑,我更喜欢游泳。
I think that colour's much more attractive.我觉得那种颜色好看多了。
It doesn’t really matter to me whether we eat here or go out.我们在这儿吃还是出去吃,我真无所谓。
(especially North American English)
I don't really mind whether we talk now or later.我们是现在谈还是以后谈,我不大在意。
(British English)
I’m happy either way.(两个之中)无论哪一个我都乐意。
(North American English)
I don't really care either way.(这两个)我都无所谓。
If it were up to me, I'd choose the green one.如果让我来选,我会选那个绿色的。
If you ask me, the old one looks better than the new one.要问我的话,旧的那个看起来比新的好。
I’m not an expert but Design B seems more eye-catching.我不是专家,但 B 设计似乎更抢眼。